Thursday, March 15, 2007


So, it's obvious this is my first time blogging so please give me time to grow...

Since this blog is about our family move to Costa Rica, I'm guessing it would probably help to know a little bit about us to help explain our situation. We currently live in Minnesota and are tired of the L-O-N-G winters. We love to travel and have been to many different countries. I always tend to say "I love it here! Wouldn't it be great to live here". Anyway, after visiting Costa Rica last year February, I knew that I had found perfection. Costa Rica is beautiful and the people are super nice and helpful. There is also plenty to keep us busy on the weekends and during school breaks (more info on that to follow).

The plan was to move after our daughter, ten years old at the time, would graduate from high school. Well, as time went by and none of us could get Costa Rica out of our head, I started researching the schools. I found that several private schools were accredited in the US and they didn't cost as much as I expected. So, we planned our next visit to look for homes and tour some schools.

By that time, we also found out about the ARCR (Association of Residents of Costa Rica). This group helps people relocate to Costa Rica. If you are thinking about the move, you should definitely check them out:
http://www.arcr.net/

After our third visit to Costa Rica, we now have a school picked out and hopefully a house to move into. More about the moving process in my subsequent blogs.

No comments: