Thursday, March 29, 2007

Patience in Costa Rica -part two

As I've said before, I'm new to blogging. So, that being said, I'm confused why my last post is dated Wednesday when it didn't actually become posted until Saturday? Sure I started it on Wednesday, but it was not finished and "added" until Saturday. Well, whatever. I'm over it. Just know that I realize that I am behind in posts and I'm sorry my posts have been so few and far between.

I've been busy packing and making trips to Salvation Army. It's harder than I thought to decide what to take with us and what to give away or sell. I've never had a garage sale before so I'm not sure if it's worth trying to sell our things or not. I suppose it can't hurt to try, though.

We signed the paperwork for our loan so that is a done deal now. Although, we still don't know if we'll get the house or not. Our realtor called again last night and assured us the owner is doing everything he can to sell us the house. He met with his lawyer yesterday but we're not really sure what they did to get us closer to owning the place. Patience...

Now that we're back on the subject let me explain a little more about patience in Costa Rica. The people in Costa Rica are not time driven like we are in the States. They are event oriented. They are pleased when they accomplish their goal for the day no matter what time that may happen. So for example, they need to pay their bills that day. They head out when they are ready and as long as they are home by dinner they are happy. And since I've heard that it "could" take all day at the bank because the lines are so long, I guess that IS an accomplishment! I hear it's good to always have a book with you!

Also, don't expect to meet your friends in Costa Rica at a specific time. Again, since they are event oriented, you should be happy that they show up and not be concerned that they may be an hour or more late.

Something else to know about Ticos, they hate to tell you something you don't want to hear. So, when asking directions, ask more than one person because the first person you ask may not know where the building or street is located but instead of telling you they don't know they will point you in one direction or another. To them, they aren't telling a lie -maybe a little "white lie" but it is better than disappointing you by saying they don't know.

Be patient and all will be fine!

Anyone know someone who might be interested in buying our duplex in NE Minneapolis? Here is the information on Craig's list:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/rfs/302781641.html

No comments: