Thursday, July 5, 2007

Typical good 4th of July in Milwaukee

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July! I realize not everyone reading this blog celebrates Independence Day on the 4th but that doesn't mean you couldn't have a good day, right?

One of the Jones Family traditions on the 4th of July is to go to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. I know this may sound crazy but in Milwaukee most places are closed on Independence Day and we can always count on the Mexican restaurants to be open. Our favorite of them all is Conejitos. Thanks to my cousin Heather, we found this "dive bar" which serves the most amazing Mexican food. I always order the plate lunch. They serve rice and refried beans with beef, potatoes, and green beans all in a sloppy mess usually on a paper plate. Then you get 4 tortillas to make your own tacos. I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this simple meal tastes except to say that we crave it all year and can't wait for our yearly visit!
By the way, did I tell everyone that we actually sold Patrick's car right before our long drive to Wisconsin. Yeah. Now if only we could sell our Minnesota properties.

No comments: