Wednesday, March 5, 2008

See what happens when I don't watch!

Patrick and I both miss watching our favorite sporting events. Those of you who don't know us have no idea the magnitude of our love for sports. I am literally a fanatic not just a fan.

I missed the entire football season which makes me feel even worse about hearing the news. Yes, I heard Brett Favre retired. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am VERY happy he went out on a high note.

Anyway, if you are reading this Brett (and I know you are) just a reminder that you are welcome to stay in our guest house while contemplating your next move.

Go Pack!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so glad you heard the news. Isn't it sad for us fans.

I will pass your message on to all my packer fans at work.

Let me know when Brett comes to visit --- I want to be there.

Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know! It's terrible for us here in the States too, but like you said, he ended on a high note. I was just reading your previous couple of posts and noticed the low cost of living. I saw another blog, Costa Rica HQ, that talked about how inexpensive the transportation system is too and that b/c of the roads, it's almost better than driving your own car. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Jones Family said...

We own a car for convenience to take Azure back and forth to school. We are saving money by having a car since the monthly private school bus service seems steep. BUT I definitely agree that a car is not necessary here. Also, if you intend to buy one in Costa Rica, be aware that they are extremely expensive. We purchased an old car which previously had been driven in the States. We paid too much considering the condition of the car but according to Costa Rica standrds it was well priced.